Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Procrastinating....who me?

I admit it..I am a major league procrastinator! I can think of a million menial chores to attend to in order to put off the (academic) task at hand. Be it a leaky tap, blown light bulb, a spot of weeding or even cleaning the car - all seem like important tasks that must be done immediately ....and then I'll commence my readings ,etc.
Which all leads me to explain why my blog posting has been so abysmal. So, here's an overview of my progress up to this point.
1) Found a copy of the Fullan text " Leading In A Culture Of Change" on the interact site. Settled on a price ($40). Found the address in inner-city Sydney. When I went to pay for the text the seller said "No worries mate, make it $20". Sweet!
2) Got placed in my group and made contact...we're a gang of 3. Got a really good group dynamic happening...meaning that I'm trying to keep up with their good ideas!
3) Arranged to Skype and low and behold..it actually worked!
4) Subsequent Skyping was not so successful......didn't help that I got the time wrong and that the connection kept dropping out. Nevertheless, we arranged to contact each other again tomorrow night.
Got to admit that it's been slightly overwhelming..and up to the point where I got to speak with the others in my group, I felt like I was making little or no progress.
O.K. On to my readings now..I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment